- How ZenKey works including the ZenKey user authentication workflow steps and mobile device experience.
- The API calls and responses between the developer and ZenKey or the wireless carrier.
- In a web browser on a laptop, desktop, or tablet open the Developer Playground (https://playground.myzenkey.com/playground).
- Install and set up the ZenKey app for your wireless carrier on your mobile phone (www.myzenkey.com/download).
Viewing Developer Playground on a Mobile Phone
Although the Developer Playground works on a Mobile Phone, it is currently optimized for a larger browser experience.
- A Sidebar on the left: Contains settings, steps for identity services, steps for trust services, and the server initiated flow to get auth tokens.
- A window on the right: Displays the request submitted by the current step and the response you use to build the next step request.
- A Reset button: Reverts the UI fields to their default values and re-starts the workflow.
- Default values for fields and properties.
- Settings: Lists the playground’s Client_Assertion or Client_Secret, Correlation ID, and redirect-URL. Most of these items are read-only.
- Identity Services: Lists the sequence of steps you must follow: submitting a request and retrieving the response to use in the next step.
- Trust Services: Lists additional options for simulating the Trust Services for fraud detection and prevention workflow.
- Server Initiated: Lists the server-initiated flow for getting auth tokens without code.
Perform the Playground steps in the order they occur in the UI. Each step auto-populates the next step’s request based on the previous step’s response.
Step: 1. Discovery Issuer - Discover the user’s carrier.
- Request: Discover the user’s carrier. Parameters: - Client_id*
- Response: If carrier found, return the proper OIDC configuration. If not found, return the redirect_uri to the discovery_ui endpoint to identify the carrier.
Step: 2. Discovery UI.
- Request: Applied when the carrier is not found in Step 1. Parameters: Client_id, Redirect_uri.
- Response: Displays a “Connect browser to your ZenKey” page to scan a QR code or visual code, or enter a manual code to add the browser as a trusted device, and redirects the browser to the playground (acting as a web app). The response includes the MCCMNC.
Step: 3: Discovery Issuer.
- Request: Discover the user’s carrier and return the OIDC endpoints. Parameters: client_id, mccmnc (returned from Step 2).
- Response: If carrier found, return the proper OIDC configuration. If not found, return the redirect uri to the discovery_ui endpoint.
Step: 4: Authorize
- Request: Request authorization. Parameters: client_id, Login_hint_token, Context, Nonce, Redirect_uri, Response_type, Scope*, State.
- Response: Returns a code used in the request body of the next step, “Step 5: Token”.
Step: 5: Token
- Request: Request token
- Response: Returns the authorize token
Step: 6: User Info
- Request and Response: Request is submitted to the carrier userinfo endpoint.
Step: User Trait
- Request and Reponse: Post request for sim_tenure indicator. You can specify the base URL, header, body, event types (such as Security, Device Change, Consent Revoked, Profile Change).
* = Required parameter
Updated 5 days ago